Literary Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Jericho
by admin Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:37 pm

» I have a lot of Friends
by behind_the_mask Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:36 pm

» Wicked Games, Chapter 1
by OnyxDragon Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:34 pm

» Killswitch
by behind_the_mask Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:13 pm

» Hardboil High: Auschwitz
by behind_the_mask Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:23 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fast Cash

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fast Cash Empty Fast Cash Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:51 pm

OnyxDragon

OnyxDragon

Fast Cash
By Nathan Weaver

[comedy lol!]

EXT. BUDGET MOTEL, EVENING. CAR PULLS UP, out of car comes a very quick and nervous BILLY PLANK with a small duffel bag. PLANK enters the front lobby. CUT.

INT. LOBBY, MOMENTS LATER. PLANK comes through lobby, goes behind desk and grabs a room key. CUT.

INT. HALLWAY, MOMENTS LATER. PLANK comes down hall and enters a room. JUST BEFORE DOOR shuts a gloved hand stops it and enters behind PLANK, door shuts. MOMENTS LATER DOOR opens, GLOVED MAN exits room, on floor in room we see the HAND of the late BILLY PLANK. DOOR SHUTS. ALL OF THIS HAPPENS TO MUSIC.

EXT. LOBBY WINDOW, NEXT MORNING. CLOSE-UP of VACANCY SIGN.

HOLLY VOICE OVER
I want a divorce.

LACEY VOICE OVER
What?

INT. LOBBY. LACEY is standing on customer side of front desk with a housekeeping basket. HOLLY is on other side of front desk.

HOLLY
I want to divorce Billy.

LACEY
Why?

HOLLY
The love isn’t there.

LACEY
How can you say the love isn’t there? How long have you been married to my brother?

HOLLY
Long enough to know that this isn’t going to work out. Besides, look at me, I don’t belong here. No offense, but being married to a motel owner just isn’t my idea of… the life.

LACEY
That’s kind of shallow, don’t you think?

LACEY
No, what happened to Billy and me in Vegas was shallow. What’s happening now is merely the aftermath of our shallow beginnings.

CUT to ROOM, MOMENTS LATER. HOLLY talks with LACEY while she cleans room.

LACEY
You gotta give my brother, Billy, a chance. He’s kind of quiet and mysterious, but deep down. He’s always thinking of others over himself.

HOLLY
I don’t doubt you. However, we’ve been married two weeks and he left after the first week to go on some elusive business trip opportunity thing. Don’t you find that a little odd?

LACEY
My brother is odd, I’ll give you that.

CUT to HALLWAY, MOMENTS LATER. LACEY and HOLLY are standing outside the room that the body of BILLY PLANK rests in. LACEY knocks on door.

LACEY
(to door) Housekeeping! (to LACEY) I just wanna make sure you’ve thought through this. I just don’t want you to rush into another mistake… like marrying my brother for example.

HOLLY
So, you aren’t offended by the fact that I want to divorce your brother?

LACEY
I was offended when my brother married someone he’d known for 45 minutes. But you divorcing someone you barely know, that doesn’t offend me.

HOLLY
Lacey, you’ve been a great sister. Even if it was just for two weeks.

LACEY OPENS DOOR. CUT.

INT. BEDROOM. LOW CAMERA ANGLE, PLANK’S hand is in front of camera to side. LACEY stands in background, starring.

LACEY
Well, cancel that divorce.

HOLLY
Why?

LACEY
Because Billy’s dead.

HOLLY
Oh.

AWKWARD PAUSE and then CUT.

EXT. BUDGET MOTEL, MOMENTS LATER. CAR PULLS UP, out steps CHIP FELT. CUT.

INT. LOBBY. CHIP ENTERS the lobby and walks up to counter. He rings for assistance, or adlibs, one or the other. CUT.

INT. BEDROOM. LACEY and HOLLY are still silent.

LACEY
Call the cops, I guess.

HOLLY
Yeah, probably.

INT. LOBBY. CHIP gives up, sits down and starts reading a magazine. ENTER HOLLY, she goes directly to counter and picks up phone.

CHIP
(approaching counter) Ah, yes. I’d like a room. (NO REPLY) You know, a motel room. I’m a guest.

HOLLY
Hello, police.

CHIP
Oh, no, no. It’s just a room for me.

HOLLY
There’s been a murder.

CHIP
Oh. Well, in that case, I can wait. (BEAT) I’ll have a seat.

CHIP sits and begins reading a magazine.

EXT. BUDGET MOTEL. A PICKUP pulls up, out steps SHERIFF JOHN BUGEL, looking a little worried about something.

INT. LOBBY. HOLLY is still on phone, CHIP is reading another magazine now.

HOLLY
Yes. I think the sheriff is here now.

HOLLY hangs up phone and finally notices CHIP.

HOLLY
What are you doing?

CHIP
I’m waiting to get a room.

HOLLY
And why haven’t you got one?

CHIP
I don’t know.

ENTER BUGEL.

BUGEL
You called about a… murder, was it?

HOLLY
Yes. You’re the sheriff, I presume?

BUGEL
Yes, ma’am.

HOLLY
You want to see the body?

BUGEL
Yeah.

CHIP
Why not? (closes magazine, tosses it onto table and rises)

HOLLY leads the way. CUT.

INT. BEDROOM. LACEY is looking oddly at the corpse of PLANK.

LACEY
That is so wrong.

ENTER BUGEL, HOLLY stays outside, and CHIP stands in doorway.

BUGEL
What’s your relation to the… the…

CHIP
Deceased?

BUGEL
Yeah.

LACEY
It’s my brother Billy, Sheriff Bugel.

BUGEL
I see… well, if you’ll excuse me, I need to take a look at it.

LACEY
It?

BUGEL
The, uh, body, ma’am. If you’ll excuse me.

LACEY moves outside of room to HOLLY, BUGEL moves up to PLANK. BUGEL begins poking at the body with his nightstick.

CHIP
What are you doing?

BUGEL
I’m checking to make sure it’s dead.

CHIP
You could check his pulse.

BUGEL
No need for that, it’s dead.

BUGEL begins to pick PLANK up by the upper half of his body.

BUGEL
Here, why don’t you grab him by the feet and we’ll get him out to my car.

CHIP
Aren’t you forgetting something?

BUGEL
What?

CHIP
A bag?

BUGEL
A bag?

BUGEL begins looking around room, picks up the duffel bag and examines it. LACEY enters with a small trash bag from her housekeeping cart.

LACEY
Here you go, Sheriff Bugel.

BUGEL
Thank you, Lacey.

BUGEL then takes the trash bag and covers the head of PLANK and then picks him up again.

BUGEL
Now come on let’s do it.

CHIP
Aren’t you gonna want to dust for fingerprints first?

BUGEL
Ladies, would you leave us alone for a moment?

HOLLY
Sure.

HOLLY and LACEY walk off down hallway.

BUGEL
I… I don’t know how to dust for fingerprints. So, why don’t you just stop the whole CSI bit and grab on?

CHIP
Okay.

CHIP pulls some latex gloves out of his pocket and puts them on.

BUGEL
Latex gloves. Never thought of that.

CHIP picks PLANK up by the legs and they both start to move with his body. CUT.

EXT. BUDGET MOTEL, MOMENTS LATER. CHIP and BUGEL come out carrying the body of PLANK with HOLLY and LACEY close behind. CHIP and BUGEL make it to BUGEL’S truck and toss him on the bed.

A CAR PULLS UP, out steps SETH. SETH looks puzzled by the obvious scene. He walks up to the back of the truck and looks at the body and then checks to see if PLANK’S really dead. PEOPLE REACT.

SETH
Good riddance.

SETH then joins mourners/onlookers.

ANOTHER CAR pulls up, out steps JUNE. She sees the mourners and rolls her eyes. JUNE walks up to PLANK and looks at him.

JUNE
You coward.

JUNE walks over and joins the mourners.

JUNE
Are we all standing and watching?

CHIP
I guess.

JUNE
Are we waiting for something?

CHIP
I don’t know.

THIRD CAR pulls up, out steps TREVOR. He very angrily walks to the motel door.

TREVOR
(talking to self) I’m gonna kill him.

JUNE
Um, Trev.

TREVOR
What do you want?

JUNE points at the truck.

TREVOR
Oh, no you did not!

TREVOR walks up to the truck, looks at corpse.

TREVOR
Figures.

TREVOR starts to turn away, then turns around quickly and punches the corpse. PEOPLE REACT. Then, without a word TREVOR turns and throws a physical temper tantrum: kicking, throwing punches at the air, grunting and moaning, etc. TREVOR then stops and walks into motel, JUNE and SETH follow.

BUGEL
Well, I’m gonna go now. I will be investigating into this.

CHIP
Good plan.

BUGEL
Ya’ll have a nice day.

CHIP
Aren’t you gonna seal off the crime scene with police tape?

BUGEL
Police tape?

CHIP
Never mind, there’s no such thing, I made it up. It’s a joke.

BUGEL
(annoyed) Oh, I get it.

CHIP, LACEY and HOLLY all enter the motel. CUT.

INT. THE LOBBY, MOMENTS LATER.

[obviously, there is more to this full-length script]

https://www.youtube.com/onyxdragonlair

2Fast Cash Empty Re: Fast Cash Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:32 pm

brandon_scott

brandon_scott

You know, usually incompetence and ignorance are two things that irritate me to know end, but they made this story even funnier. I also like how there's no motive, and there's no explaining anything that's going on. You just took a piece of the story and posted it. In other words, there's no "deeper meaning". The story exists for entertainment value, and that's it. Good work!

3Fast Cash Empty Re: Fast Cash Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:54 pm

OnyxDragon

OnyxDragon

Well, I'm gonna add more as I write it, too. It's a full script. But yes, this is a strictly entertainment piece. Shocked

I'm taking inspiration from "Charade" with this one, if you've ever seen it? It has Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, Walther Matthau and a host of other well-known names and faces. Anyway... you should check it out sometime. It's good stuff. And crazily enough, it's fallen into public domain. It is actually one of my favorite movies ever... Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actor, so... what are you gonna do? Very Happy

Here's an opening scene from "Charade." Priceless. The dialogue in this film is awesome beyond compare.

Last edited by OnyxDragon on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding the good stuff.)

https://www.youtube.com/onyxdragonlair

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum