Literary Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Jericho
by admin Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:37 pm

» I have a lot of Friends
by behind_the_mask Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:36 pm

» Wicked Games, Chapter 1
by OnyxDragon Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:34 pm

» Killswitch
by behind_the_mask Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:13 pm

» Hardboil High: Auschwitz
by behind_the_mask Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:23 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conflict

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Conflict Empty Conflict Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:47 pm

brandon_scott

brandon_scott

FADE IN

EXT. A CONVENIENCE STORE – NIGHT

A young man sits in his car in the parking lot. He is visibly nervous, rubbing his hands together and constantly scanning the parking lot. His name is BOBBY, mid-twenties, and he is wearing a black baseball cap and a black hooded sweatshirt. Beside him in the passenger seat is a YOUNG MAN, also in his mid-twenties, dressed in a red button-up shirt and khaki slacks, and wearing a black leather jacket. He looks over at Bobby calmly.

YOUNG MAN

What are you waiting for? The coast is clear. Now is the time to do it.

Bobby keeps looking around the parking lot, not seeming to hear.

YOUNG MAN

Look, don’t chicken out now. You need the money. Just go in, do it, and get out.

From the back seat, another man leans forward. He’s an older black MAN, about 50. He wears a white button-up shirt.

MAN

Don’t do it. It’s not worth it. If you’re caught you can kiss your future good-bye. You know that baby that your girlfriend is about to have? If you want to watch your child grow up, start the car and go home.

YOUNG MAN

No, you need to do this. You have bills, and you’re going to need the money to help support your child and your girlfriend. This is your ticket out of your tight money spot.

Robbie sighs and begins rubbing his legs, still looking around the parking lot. Inside, an old lady is sitting behind the counter, reading a magazine.

YOUNG MAN

Now’s the time, Bobby. Go for it. You have nothing to lose.

MAN

Don’t do it. You have too much to lose to do something foolish.

YOUNG MAN

You don’t have anything to lose, and only the world to gain. It’s time for you to do what you need to do.

MAN

Bobby, don’t.

Bobby sighs again and opens the glove box. He pulls out a small gun and puts it in the pocket of his sweatshirt, and pulls his hood over his head.

MAN

BOBBY, DON’T DO IT!

Bobby gets out of the car and walks into the convenience store.
An ELDERLY WOMAN looks up from her magazine and smiles.

WOMAN

Good evening. What can I get for you?

Bobby pulls the gun from his pocket and points it at the woman. Her smile is replaced by a look of fear.

BOBBY

Give me the money.

The woman fumbles the cash register open and begins taking the money out, putting it in a plastic bag. The young man appears at his left side.

YOUNG MAN

You know, Bobby, she’s going to be able to I.D. you when she fills out the police report. The cops already have your picture on file from that thing you did a couple years ago, and she’ll be able to point you out to them. Unless…

The other man appears at his right.

MAN

Don’t, Bobby. She seems like a nice old lady, and she’s cooperating with you. What you’re doing is bad enough. Don’t make it worse.

YOUNG MAN

Do you want to go to prison, Bobby? Armed robbery is a felony offense, you know. I’m sure there are some nice men in prison who would be pleased to have you as their bitch.

MAN

Don’t dig your hole any deeper. Your girlfriend and child need you.

YOUNG MAN

Those men in prison need you too, Bobby. They need a bitch. Is that what you want to be? Besides, the old woman will probably die soon anyway; might as well be now.

The woman sets the bag of money on the counter. Bobby picks it up, hesitates, and then shoots the woman in the head. Her lifeless body falls to the floor. Bobby runs out of the store, gets in his car, and drives away.

INT. BOBBY’S APARTMENT – NIGHT

Bobby is sitting on the floor in the corner of his kitchen. He is crying, and he leans his head back into the corner made by the cabinets. The bag of money is at his feet. The only light comes from a dingy fluorescent light above the sink. The two men appear in the kitchen with him.

YOUNG MAN

You know, Bobby, I bet you never though of this, but they probably have a camera in that convenience store, and that camera probably recorded you shooting that sweet, old lady. They are going to come for you, and they’re going to lock you up and throw away the key for what you did.

MAN

You should turn yourself in, Bobby. Do the right thing. Get your life straightened out.

YOUNG MAN

No, Bobby. It’s over for you. Your life is going to be hell from now on. You won’t be able to get a decent job, you won’t be able to get credit for a house or a car, and you can forget about ever seeing your girl and your child. That’s just a dream now. You’re going to live with regret and shame for the rest of your life.

MAN

You can still change, Bobby. Yeah, things will be bad for a while. You know that. But it won’t always be bad. You still have a chance to do something positive with yourself.

YOUNG MAN

I hate to tell you this, Bobby, but all you’ve done your whole life is screw up. You were in and out of juvenile detention four times before you were 18. Since then you’ve gotten yourself hooked on drugs, you’ve betrayed your friends and family over and over again, you can’t hold a job, you’re way behind on your bills, and you got some girl knocked up. Way to go, sport.

(kneels down beside Bobby)

However, there is one way out of this mess.

MAN

Bobby, don’t even think about it. Yes, you’ve messed up; but, you are still young. You have your whole future ahead of you to make up for what you did in the past. Don’t throw it away, son.

YOUNG MAN

You are never going to change, Bobby. You’re a failure now, and you always will be. Do you want to inflict your misery on your girlfriend and your kid, too? No, you don’t. You used the gun to get yourself into this mess, now use it to get yourself out of this mess.

MAN

That’s not the way out of this mess! Think of all of the good you can do, all of the lessons that you can teach others from the mistakes that you made. You can make a difference in other people’s lives.

YOUNG MAN

NOBODY IS GOING TO GIVE YOU A SECOND CHANCE, KID! You messed it up for yourself, kid. You need to end it all now before your life gets worse, and your mistakes affect other people.

Bobby sniffs and takes the gun out of his pocket. Hand trembling, he puts the barrel of the gun into his mouth.

MAN

BOBBY, NO!

The man is stopped short by a sharp BANG, and blood from Bobby’s head sprays the cabinets behind him. He slumps over and drops the gun to the floor.

The older man looks at the young man, and tears begin to roll down his cheek. The young man looks back at him, smiling.

YOUNG MAN

Nice try, pal.

The old man disappears. The young man looks down at Bobby’s lifeless body, and suddenly the room is flooded with deep, red light. An evil voice speaks to the young man from the floorboards.

VOICE

Well done, servant. You completed your mission flawlessly. You may come back now.

YOUNG MAN

Thank you, master.

The young man looks at Bobby again, chuckles, and disappears, along with the red light.
FADE OUT

Last edited by brandon_scott on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Conflict Empty Re: Conflict Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:49 pm

brandon_scott

brandon_scott

This story is in no way, shape, or form formatted the way it's supposed to be. I gave up on trying to format it after about the fourth try.
Yeah, it's depressing. However, this is the introduction to a much longer script, one which isn't so depressing. I thought the intro would make a decent story in its own right, so here it is.

3Conflict Empty Re: Conflict Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:12 pm

OnyxDragon

OnyxDragon

Pretty slick. The old good/bad conscience routine--but different. I have a character who deals with a "bad conscience," but I deal with it very differently. It's in my film noir trilogy. A detective is constantly dealing with her "bad self" nagging at her to do the wrong thing. But, like yours, it's different.

But I liked the script. I could so see it all in my head. It would definitely make a good short film. And I could see where it could make an interesting full-length one as well. I'll have to show you my "Deliverance" script. This story reminded me of it. I'll post it later today, if I have time.

https://www.youtube.com/onyxdragonlair

4Conflict Empty Re: Conflict Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:17 pm

OnyxDragon

OnyxDragon

I went ahead and posted "Deliverance." Check it out.

I really do like this one. I could see us filming it. It's right up our alley.

https://www.youtube.com/onyxdragonlair

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum