Literary Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Jericho
by admin Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:37 pm

» I have a lot of Friends
by behind_the_mask Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:36 pm

» Wicked Games, Chapter 1
by OnyxDragon Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:34 pm

» Killswitch
by behind_the_mask Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:13 pm

» Hardboil High: Auschwitz
by behind_the_mask Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:23 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

McDaniel's - The McPilot

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1McDaniel's - The McPilot Empty McDaniel's - The McPilot Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:57 pm

OnyxDragon

OnyxDragon

McDaniel’s: The McPilot
By Nathan Weaver

[Pilot for sitcom]

EXT. MCDANIELS, MORNING. CUT.

INT. MCDDANIELS, THE OFFICE; MOMENTS LATER. MICKEY is doing some work, TURK comes in with BRANDY. TURK is dressed in uniform, dyed-blonde hair under hat and rough facial hair. BRANDY is black pants and a long-sleeve shirt.

TURK
Mickey, the newbie is here.

MICKEY
Hey, Brandy. Welcome to McDaniel’s, you are now officially an employee. Oh, here… (grabs a dirty, old uniform polo and toss it to her) put this on.

BRANDY
But it’s old and dirty and it smells… and it’s hard.

MICKEY
I know, that’s the grease. Walk this way.

MICKEY exits office; BRANDY smells the shirt one more time and then follows after MICKEY. CUT.

INT. KITCHEN; moments later. We now are following them through the kitchen with handheld camera work. MICKEY is giving BRANDY the ropes. During this BRANDY is having a hard time keeping up and is also trying to put the polo shirt on over her long-sleeve shirt and keep up at the same time.

MICKEY
This is the kitchen. You’re a waitress, so technically you should never need to be in here much, but you will be. As a team, sometimes we ask you to do things to help out with others (points to FLICK); that’s Flick, he’s a cook.

FLICK
Hey, I’m Flick.

BRANDY
I’m Brandy.

She stops to shake FLICK’S hand, but he turns away to work and MICKEY continues walking so she runs to catch-up as she finished pulling her shirt on. They are at the front counter now.

MICKEY
This is the front counter, obviously. You will learn to use this particular register today. If there is money missing from the drawer at the end of your shift, you will be held accountable and the money will be taken out of your paycheck. This is your register for the day; guard it with your life. No one else can use it but you.

BRANDY
So, why—

MICKEY
This way please.

They walk over to the WAIT STATION.

MICKEY
This is the wait station. When you aren’t out there in the lobby, you’re back here getting refills, washing cups, sorting silverware and putting it in napkins or making ice tea. When you aren’t here, you’re at your register. When you aren’t there, you’re in the freezer refilling stuff for the salad bar. When you’re in none of these places, you’re presumed missing. If you want to take a dump or pee, you will report to someone before you do so or we will run around with our heads cut off looking for you until you get out. And then, we’ll be annoyed that we didn’t know where you were. Natalie should be here shortly, she’ll fill you in on the rest. Questions?

BRANDY
Yeah.

MICKEY
Well?

BRANDY
Why do you call the cook Flick?

MICKEY
That’s his name.

BRANDY
Oh…

MICKEY
Any more questions?

BRANDY
Not yet.

MICKEY
Good.

NATALIE enters the restaurant.

NATALIE
I need a new roommie! I totally just kicked my roommate out onto the street.

BRANDY
Oh, I’m looking for a place. I’d be interested.

NATALIE
Alright, you’re my new roomie—oh, hey, do I know you?

BRANDY
No, I’m new. I’m Brandy.

NATALIE
Sure, you’re hired. (shakes BRANDY’S hand) I’m Natalie and you’re my new roommie. I’ll take you by the abode after the shift. Have you ever worked in fast food?

BRANDY
No.

NATALIE
Oh, well, the gods will be pleased. (smells the shirt) Dude, that shirt reeks.

END SCENE.

OPENING CREDITS.

EXT. NATALIE/BRANDY HOME; AFTERNOON. Two cars pull up. CUT.

INT. NATALIE/BRANDY HOME; MOMENTS LATER. NATALIE walks in with BRANDY following. They are still in uniform.

NATALIE
Well, this is the pad.

BRANDY
Nice. I like it. And it’s a two bedroom, you said?

NATALIE
Yep, and all you have to do is share half the load.

They enter the kitchen.

NATALIE
So, this is the kitchen, pretty standard obviously.

BRANDY
What went wrong with your previous roommate?

NATALIE
She was a vampire.

BRANDY
(laughs) Like one of those wannabes?

NATALIE
Nope, like the real thing.

BRANDY
What are you trying to say?

NATALIE
All I have to say is you don’t have to worry; so long as you aren’t an undead or immortal we should get along just fine.

NATALIE sees a wooden stake sitting in the sink and picks it up.

NATALIE
Oops, sorry, I can’t believe I left that just sitting out. (she puts it in a drawer) So, on to the rest of the house?

They walk back into the living room. NATALIE notices something out the window.

NATALIE
Oh, great. New neighbors. I was hoping that house would remain empty for as long as possible.

NATALIE looks out the window. BRANDY joins her.

BRANDY
Oh, sweet, new neighbors. We gotta go greet them.

NATALIE
No, Brandy. If you make the first move, it means you’re obligated to them.

BRANDY
No it doesn’t.

NATALIE
Oh, yes it does.

BRANDY
Besides, I don’t wanna be a recluse.

NATALIE
It’s not about being a recluse; it’s about being left alone. It’s about not being annoyed every time you come home.

BRANDY
Natalie, it is our civic duty to greet the new neighbors. You know, to be neighborly.

NATALIE
That whole civic duty thing went out with the window with the 50s and bobbysoxers.

BRANDY
We are not going to be the weird people on the block.

NATALIE
Somehow I don’t think we’ll have to worry about that. If you really want to, I’ll let you make this mistake, but I will never let you live it down.

BRANDY
Alright, good. Do you have any fruit?

NATALIE
Yes, why?

BRANDY
It’s customary to give a fruit basket.

NATALIE
Great, now we’re giving them free food? This really can’t end well.

CUT to DOOR. DOOR opens and we see NATALIE and BRANDY standing on the porch. NATALIE does not look amused; BRANDY has on her best neighborly face.

BRANDY
Hello, new neighbor! Welcome to the neighborhood! (holds out a Tupperware thing of fruit) Here’s a basket—Tupperware of fruit.

MIDDLE-AGED LADY
(hillbilly, overbearing) Well, hello, neighbors! Thanks for the fruits!

MIDDLE-AGED LADY takes fruit.

MIDDLE-AGED LADY
Why don’t you all come on over Wednesday night? We’ll have a service here in the basement.

BRANDY
Oh, really? A service? Like church and all that?

MIDDLE-AGED LADY
Sorta; we worship the Devil.

BRANDY’S smile fades to shock.

MIDDLE-AGED LADY
You know, Satan? Lucifer? Heard of him?

AWKWARD PAUSE. CUT.

INT. NATALIE/BRANDY HOME, MOMENTS LATER. BRANDY bursts through the door entering the living room. NATALIE follows behind her.

BRANDY
No, no, NO! I will not go to some Satanic ritual. I’m not doing it!

NATALIE
(shutting the door) But, you put your first foot forward; now we’re obligated.

BRANDY
I’m not obligated to do jack.

NATALIE
This is exactly what I was warning you against. You put your foot forward and they think we’re friends. If we don’t go to this gig—

BRANDY
Gig?! It’s not a gig. It’s devil worship!

NATALIE
Yes, yes… but if we don’t go, then it will always be awkward when we come home. We can never relax.

BRANDY
If I go to that, I’ll never sleep at night.

NATALIE
Besides, if they wanna worship a devil, that’s their right, right?

BRANDY
We’re not talking about rights of freedom; we’re talking about satanic rites! There’s a big difference.

NATALIE
Do you really wanna tick off a bunch of hillbilly, devil worshipers?

BRANDY
(reluctantly) No…

NATALIE
Then, we’ll go the gig—

BRANDY
Devil worship! Don’t downplay it.

NATALIE
Devil worship; we’ll go the devil worship once and then make up excuses for the rest of them. Sound fair?

BRANDY
I guess.

PAUSE.

BRANDY
But I really don’t wanna worship the devil.

NATALIE
We’re not worshipping, we’re just—observing.

BRANDY
Great, so now we’re devil observers?!

NATALIE
You know what I mean. We’re just there to watch and then we’re gone. And that’s it. No more.

BRANDY
This is stupid. Why can’t we just kill them like you did your last roommate?

NATALIE
What?

BRANDY
The wooden stake, the vampire? I’m not stupid.

NATALIE
Hey, what happens in this house stays in this house—or, 6 feet under it.

BRANDY
Eew, really?

NATALIE
Well, what else was I suppose to do with it?

BRANDY
I guess.

NATALIE
And no, we can’t kill the neighbors. They’re human, my roommate wasn’t.

BRANDY
How do you sleep at night?

NATALIE
On my back, grasping a clove of garlic and crucifix under my blanket. You?

BRANDY
On my side, gripping a pistol under my pillow.

NATALIE
So, is it safe to say you’re on human duty and I’m on non-human duty?

BRANDY
Sounds fair. I get any snooping devil worshipers—

NATALIE
And I get any spirits they may conjure up.

BRANDY
Right on.

NATALIE
Perfection. Welcome home.

BRANDY
I guess so. Cool.

CUT.

Last edited by OnyxDragon on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://www.youtube.com/onyxdragonlair

2McDaniel's - The McPilot Empty Re: McDaniel's - The McPilot Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:58 pm

OnyxDragon

OnyxDragon

[cont.]

EXT. MCDANIELS, DAYTIME—NEXT DAY. CUT.

INT. MCDANIELS, MOMENTS LATER—THE OFFICE. BRANDY is sitting in a chair. MICKEY is placing a VHS tape into a VCR.

MICKEY
Alright, Brandy, sorry you didn’t get to see this yesterday—I couldn’t find it anywhere. This is our training video. After this, you will be a bona fide McEmployee. (laughs a bit) Questions?

BRANDY
Nope.

MICKEY
Great!

With that MICKEY darts out the door.

BRANDY
Oh, wait—never mind.

The video begins with cheesy, outdated music. BRANDY makes an expression of concern; CAMERA slowly pans in on the television set. Graphic proudly states, “WELCOME TO MCDANIELS.” Graphic goes away and we see a perky looking employee (JOEY) standing in a MCDANIELS restaurant.

JOEY
(insanely perky) Hi, I’m Joey and McWelcome to McDaniels! If you’re watching this video, you just done got yourself McHired. Now, I’m sure there are a thousand McQuestions going through your head right now: how do I make a McPerfect McPizza? How do I make the McCustomer feel at McHome? How am I gonna pay child support making a measly $2.14 an hour? And most importantly, what exactly does it mean to be a McEmployee? Well, I’m glad you asked, my McFriend! And since you did, I’ll tell you. The answers are: the McPerfect McPizza is made with love and a pinch of heaven, you make the McCustomer feel at McHome by being a true McEmployee which involves being very McFriendly and lastly and quite frankly you won’t be able to make your child support payments on a measly $2.14; you’ll have to get a second job. But for that last question, let’s take our time to answer. Come with me…

JOEY walks off-camera. CUT.

INT. WAIT STATION; LATER. NATALIE is rolling silverware in napkins; BRANDY comes up. She is exhausted from the video.

BRANDY
Why? Why did I have to watch that video?

NATALIE
You had to watch the video? What did you do? The gods must not be happy.

BRANDY
What is it with you and gods?

NATALIE
I like to think that there are fast food gods and they punish us when we do wrong and bless us when we do well. It’s the only way any of this can make sense. If I was to find out there was no meaning to it all, I’d lie down on the oven and cook myself. I am sorry you had to watch the training video; I thought I’d hid that for good this time. I wonder what he could have been doing in the sewer that he would have found it.

CUT to SEWER, it opens and MICKEY climbs down the latter with a pizza in hand. He looks around in the darkness.

MICKEY
Are you there? It’s me, Mickey.

THING VOICE
(from darkness) Did you bring it like I asked?

MICKEY
(gulps) Yes, large and pepperoni; just as you required.

THING VOICE
(stepping partially into the light) Give it here.

MICKEY
(gives pizza) Is that all?

THING VOICE
No, here. (hands training video) Someone tried to dispose of the training video.

MICKEY
Oh… thanks.

THING VOICE
You are showing it to all the new employees as I required?

MICKEY
Yes, just as you said.

THING VOICE
Good.

BEAT.

MICKEY
Let me see you’re face.

THING VOICE
NO! Turn away, I’m hideous!

CUT back to the WAIT STATION.

BRANDY
Have you guys ever considered a protest against the training video? It may work.

NATALIE
You mean, like going on strike?

BRANDY
Yeah, that’ll show management.

NATALIE
No, they would just hire a bunch of high school kids to replace us. We’re pretty dispensable.

BRANDY
True. Well, what about a petition?

NATALIE
You know what; it’s so immature it just might work.

BRANDY
What?

NATALIE
Nothing, let’s do it.

EXT. NATALIE/BRANDY HOME, NIGHT. CUT.

INT. NATALIE/BRANDY HOME, MOMENTS LATER—LIVING ROOM.

NATALIE
So, what do you wear to a devil worship service? I mean, do you wear something formal in respect or do you just go casual?

BRANDY
Respect? It’s the devil! I’m going casual.

NATALIE
True, Satan wouldn’t dress up if people were worshipping us. (BEAT) Alright, let’s rock and roll.

CUT to DOOR, it opens to BRANDY and NATALIE. This time NATALIE is the one trying to be nice and BRANDY is the irritated looking one. MIDDLE-AGED LADY is in a bathrobe.

MIDDLE-AGED LADY
Well, hello, neighbors! Glad you could make it? Oh, you guys aren’t wearing that, are you?

NATALIE
Um, yeah…

MIDDLE-AGED LADY
Oh,okay… oh, well—come on in!

CUT to BASEMENT, MOMENTS LATER. MIDDLE-AGED LADY shows them to the steps and BRANDY and NATALIE enter the basement by themselves. They make their way to a couch to sit on. There are candles lit everywhere and couches and sits in a circle around the candles.

BRANDY
Where does she get off making fun of our attire? She’s wearing a bathrobe for Pete’s sake.

NATALIE
Just flow with it, Brandy. In and out. That’s the key. In and out.

MIDDLE-AGED LADY and the REST OF THE CONGREGATION enter from the steps and come down. THEY are all dressed in bathrobes. They enter the circle, standing.

MIDDLE-AGED LADY
Everybody this is an exciting night, because our new neighbors are with us tonight! Everyone make them feel welcome.

THE CONGREGATION (mostly made up of middle-aged and/or ugly looking folk) come over and begin to hug on them.

CONGREGATION MEMBERS
(adlibs) Hi; welcome; you are loved; etc, etc.

NATALIE
(adlibs) Hi, I’m Natalie… (gets hugged) Oh, hugging, yeah… ‘kay; etc, etc.

BRANDY
(adlibs) My name is Mary. Mary, that’s my name. Hi, how’s it going? Done hugging, huh? Yeah, okay… thank; etc, etc.

MIDDLE-AGED LADY
Okay, people, first things first… let’s start the music service!

A member walks over and turns on a CD, it begins playing a perky (possibly bluegrass) song. ALL THE MEMBERS then disrobe revealing their naked bodies (this is done with shots of the naked ankles. We see a shot of someone’s naked ankles being revealed by a dropping robe around the feet and in the background we see BRANDY and NATALIE in shock. The members dance around, jumping and dancing. CLOSE-UP on BRANDY and NATALIE for the homage to “Rosemary’s Baby.”

BRANDY
This is no dream…

NATALIE
This is really happening!

CUT.

INT. SEWER, SAME NIGHT. MICKEY enters the sewer and climbs down the latter.

MICKEY
Hello? It’s Mickey again.

THING VOICE
What do you want?

MICKEY
It’s about the training video… they took a petition.

THING VOICE
Who are they?

MICKEY
The employees—I mean, McEmployees, sir.

THING VOICE
Well, what is this petition?!

MICKEY
It seems no one wants your training video. They say it is outdated and…

THING VOICE
And what?

MICKEY
Keep in mind these are mostly high school kids.

THING VOICE
WHAT?!

MICKEY
They say it’s lame, sir.

THING VOICE
LAME IS IT?! We’ll see how lame it is when I kill them all and burn McDaniels!

Sorry it ends so abruptly. I need to finish this scene and write the next scene or two and then it's finished. I'll try to get to that. Let me know what you think, guys. Laters.--naw

https://www.youtube.com/onyxdragonlair

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum